The Bridge Avenue School is primarily funded through donations from individuals. We are also supported in part by churches, businesses, and civic groups. Please consider donating to The Bridge Avenue School. Here are some ways in which you can donate:
1. Financial support
The Bridge Avenue School is a registered 501(c)3 organization and all financial donations are tax deductible. Please make checks out to:
The Bridge Avenue School
5412 Franklin Blvd
Cleveland, OH 44102
Or contribute via Paypal:
The Bridge Avenue School utilizes a small army of volunteers in and out of the school building. If you would like to work with students at the school or work with school supplies or a computer at home, please visit our Volunteer page for more information.
3. Contribute stuff
Our students earn "school money" in a token economy that teaches financial literacy and other skills. We are always looking for cool stuff for the school store as well as school supplies, office store gift cards, books, art supplies, etc. Please consider donating some stuff. These donations are also tax deductible.
4. Provide a meal or be a lunch helper
The Lunch Provider Program is an opportunity for individuals and/or small groups to support the students of The Bridge Avenue School by providing a healthy lunch each day school is in session. For some students, this lunch may be the only nutritious meal they may eat that day. For more information see the lunch calendar page.
5. Additional ways to support TBAS
- Donate paper plates, napkins, plastic silverware, and plastic/paper cups.
- Provide a new backpack for a student.
- Can’t volunteer on a regular basis but want to serve TBAS? Coordinate with Dan McElwain (216-965-8426) a mutually agreeable time and bring your Bible study group or small group of friends to the school after hours for a service project.
- Provide copy paper, loose-leaf paper, #2 pencils or Staples gift cards.
- Mention that you support The Bridge Avenue School when shopping or purchasing mulch at THE ROCK PILE (900 Nagel Rd.) in Avon and 5% of your purchase will go to TBAS!
- Clip and send your "Boxtops for Education" to: Amy Kurz, 3275 Royal Oak Court, Westlake, OH 44145.
- Sign up for Giant Eagle Apples for Students rewards on Giant Eagle's website or by calling 1-800-474-4777. Our school ID# is: 4896.
- Sign up for Heinens ABC School Donation Program on Heinens website by becoming a Tasteful Rewards Program member (free). After becoming a member, click on "My Rewards Home" then select "My Profile" in the upper right hand corner. After entering your profile page, select Cleveland and The Bridge Avenue School from the pull down list and save at the bottom of the page. Or you may call 216-475-2300 ext 2337 to select TBAS.
- Use GoodSearch.com as your default internet search engine. GoodSearch is a Yahoo-powered search engine that donates half its advertising revenue, about a penny per search, to the charities its users designate. Use it just as you would any search engine, get quality search results from Yahoo, and watch the donations add up! Download the GoodSearch – Bridge Avenue School, Cleveland toolbar here.
- Use GoodShop.com to do your online shopping. GoodShop is an online shopping mall which donates up to 30 percent of each purchase to your favorite cause. There are thousands of great stores including Target, Gap, Best Buy, Macy's and Barnes & Noble who have teamed up with GoodShop. Every time you place an order a percentage of your purchase will be donated for free. The site also has thousands of money-saving coupons.
Download and print the PDF of all the ways you can support the Bridge Avenue School [PDF].